Monday, August 6, 2012

josh + jessica // engaged

A few years ago, I was armed with my handy dandy point and shoot and a Cutest Blog on the Block template, writing a blog that went everywhere, when I discovered Jessica Shae. Sweet, beautiful writer, beautiful photographer, all around just beautiful person. I didn't know what I wanted to do photography wise at the time, but I knew that someday I wanted to be able to photograph people in an engaging and captivating way like she did. I followed her blog and essentially, followed along with her photography and her life. I looked up to her and honestly hoped to meet the Jessica Shae. :)

Fast forward a few years, and through a website re-design and an internship, this person I'd admired so much became a friend. Not just an acquaintance or a blogger I read, but an in real-life, laugh with you, be goofy and serious and real with kind of friend. And so, I was beyond honored when she asked me to shoot her engagement photos. When she picked me up at the airport with my suitcases in hand, I instantly felt comfortable. It wasn't the awkward meeting when you run into an old acquaintance you hadn't seen in years. It was what it was -- meeting a good friend. That night, during dinner at Red Robin and seeing Spiderman, I met The Boy. I love how Jessica grins and blossoms and radiates happiness with him. I love how Josh teases and adores and treats his lady.

I believe Jessica's going to write their story on her blog, and I have to say, it's one of my favorite love stories. I sat on her floor, scrunched up with my laptop, a grin plastered on my face as she told me the tale of how these two people were brought together. The little things about them are my favorite. Josh always opens the door for Jessica, teases and jokes around with her, and protects her. Jessica makes funny faces with him, says adorable things ("I just want to pat them on the head because they're so little and cute!"), and is just smitten with him. He calls her Jessie to bug her and she slyly teases him. They're sarcastic and sweet and generally just some kind of wonderful together. I can't even explain how perfect they are with each other, and how their personalities balance each other out. Introverted, extroverted, in time, through time, they fit together like two peas in a pod. I like them lots.

This is a little of their story.



No comments :

Post a Comment