Saturday, August 25, 2012

currently...




Seeing
Clouds rolling into grey skies, leaves just beginning to be flushed with the faintest of reds, the softest of yellows, the sweetest of oranges, and the richest of golds, and a sweet little package from one of my closest friends.
Tasting
Fresh strawberries, crispness in the air, the bitter aftertaste of the last sip of coffee, grapes from my grandpa's vines, sweet apples plucked from trees, cherry pepsi, and the richness of rice pudding
Hearing
Birdy, water running, the kiddos watching a movie, cars rumbling slowly, waves hitting the shore at Duluth
Smelling
Onions sizzling in a pan, the misty green smell that precedes rain, shampoo on wet hair, and a change in the air that whispers of burnished leaves and apples smelling of cinnamon.
Feeling
Busy, sad about the end of summer, excited about the start of autumn, and ready for new beginnings that follow the fall.

Currently...
I'm writing poetry, working on designs, trying to finish up my own re-design/brand (really really excited about it), drinking more cherry pepsi than I should, laughing at The Avengers gag reel (Marvel girl here, folks), procrastinating unpacking my suitcase from Duluth, going through photos from the summer, and prepping for fall. Autumn, I am so ready for you.

What are you up to, friends?

much love,
h

No comments :

Post a Comment