Friday, June 28, 2013

100 miles.


ran 4 miles today
and hit
100 miles
since april.

!!!

I'm so so so excited / happy / can't-stop-smiling / sweaty (well, yeah) / sore / glad.

the stats:
12 miles in april
38 in may
50 in june

personal records:
fastest average pace - 8:45/mi
longest duration - 40:13 (consecutively. sometimes I got for another run a day ;))
most miles ran in a day - 5

when I started running, I could barely run 2 minutes straight. seriously.
I was huffing. and puffing. but I wasn't the little engine that could.
more like, I was barely able to breathe and my lungs were aching and my legs alternated between jello and bricks that threatened to melt or fall off.
and I really really really wanted to quit.

but slowly.
and surely.
and most definitely slowly.
let me emphasize slowly.
I started to get better.
I started to push myself (and not die in the process)
and my body started listening to me
and I could breathe again (sorta)
and I hit mini milestones and thought,
"hey, I can do this."

and I still have a long way to go.
I'm not training for any marathons and don't see any in the future.
I love running for the sake that it makes me strong.
my goal is to be fit and strong and healthy.
not necessarily a marathoner. ;)
I like short runs and quick runs and under 5 miles a day.
especially since my knees / ankles are so messed up from ballet, that's what I feel comfortable sticking with.

that doesn't mean that I won't someday go crazy and run 26.2 miles consecutively.
because I might!

but I like short runs.
I like 3-4 miles a day.
I like running 15-20 miles a week.
and that's what works for me.

so I'm focusing on endurance. building up to 4 miles straight
(right now I run for three, walk for 2 1/2 minutes, and run the rest of the way),
and a 5 mile run at least once a week.
I'm excited to set new goals and keep pushing forward.

but right now...
I'm happy. and content. and proud of myself.
because hey jack (in my best uncle si voice),
I ran 100 miles.
and that's pretty exciting. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment